Location: Covent Garden
GKR Scaffolding was awarded the project for the refurbishment of the existing building which was located on a corner plot within the Covent Garden Plaza.
Full external access scaffold to 3nr elevations which included a full rolling temporary roof using 750 HAKI TRAK roof sheeting. Supported on the underside of the temporary roof structure was 4nr continous one tonne running beams for the clients use in installing a new steel frame at high level.
GKR Scaffolding developed the complex design which required the scaffold to be tied to the existing structure using excalibur wall fixings but the top level of ties was supported using full length divi-dag ties from one elevation to the other.
Scope of Works
- Main facade scaffold with lifting equipment for the construction of the new steel frame.
- One main individual rolling 750 HAKI TRAK roof up to 16 metre span and 24 metres long.
- Crash deck scaffolds for existing roof removal.
- HAKI staircase scaffolds.
- Bridging over public access walkways
- Heavy duty gantry scaffolds to support clients goods/passenger hoists and lifting beam.