GKR Scaffolding was appointed the scaffold contractor on this high profile and prestige project for Kier Southern Group due to their vast experience of HAKI TEC systems, and previous experience of a live shopping centre.
The project involved scaffold decks spanning all shop fronts and the main Mall area to allow high level works to be carried out, and to give protection to the general public below. All of the first level scaffold decks were erected out of hours between 7pm and 6am using new scaffold tube, boards and fittings.
GKR Scaffolding’s vast experience and expertise within the HAKI roof systems has rarely been demonstrated more dramatically than on this project with the largest span up to 30 metres using the new 750 roofing beam. The solution developed between GKR, Kier Southern and HAKI has seen the creation of temporary roof structures at different levels allowing the lower sections to roll underneath the higher roofs when required. With the reverse operation also possible, the higher roof rolling over the lower counterpart. The aim of the opening roof was to allow the crane lift of a double height steel frame with a new glazed roof system, which was carried out with great success.
Scope of Works
- 15,000m³ of internal birdcage scaffold erected out of hours.
- Main facade scaffold with lifting equipment for the construction of the facade stone.
- 13 individual rolling 750 HAKITEC roofs up to 30 metre spans.
- Crash deck scaffolds for demolition.
- HAKI staircase scaffolds.
- 13,500m³ of internal crashdeck scaffold.
- Bridging over live service areas to the shop delivery bays.