GKR Scaffolding is an award winning scaffolding and access specialist.
We work on the most iconic construction projects in London and the South East such as The Shard, Tottenham Hotspur’s new stadium, The Royal Albert Hall and Court One at Wimbledon.
We pride ourselves on reliability, quality and commitment, and our ability to deliver complex and diverse projects.
Our annual turnover has grown to over £30m because of our fundamental business principles – collaboration, innovation and commitment to continuous improvement.
Our vision is to be the leading scaffolding company in the UK, providing scaffolding and access solutions at all stages of a project life cycle, whilst being regarded as an inspirational employer of the very best people.
We are looking for a Marketing & Business Development Executive to support our competitive market positioning, client engagement and business growth.
About the role
This role will report directly into the Business Strategy Director and work closely with the Estimating team.
The main objective of the role is to seamlessly connect marketing strategy and positioning with the business development process and client engagement.
You will be responsible for executing the market positioning strategy, identifying new business opportunities and building long-term relationships with contractors.
You will have studied or have experience in marketing and business development, have excellent knowledge of digital media with both creative and analytical skills.
Good awareness of the dynamics of the construction industry would be an advantage, including how projects are tendered and managed.
- Monitoring of market trends and movements to identify opportunities for new business.
- Establishing long-term collaborative relationships with contractors.
- Manage and document our new business pipeline, and manage communication through various touchpoints.
- Feed into the tender process and help to close business.
- Work with the Strategy Director to create targeted communications and initiatives in line with commercial plan.
- Work with the wider GKR team to help them understand client needs to enable them to create appropriate solutions.
- Creation of presentations and other documents to support the sales process.
- Manage the Client/Project Feedback Indicator process.
- Communicate and represent the GKR brand and values.
- Manage the administration for tender documentation ensuring that all documents are up to date and accessible to everyone who needs access to them.
- Update our internal Integrated Management System with tender enquiries and ensure that progress is monitored and maintained with bids.
- Put together bid packs for tenders ensuring our key messaging and unique value is communicated consistently and effectively.
- Manage GKR social media and conduct performance analysis.
- Updating the GKR website and advise on improvements.
- Writing articles and press releases, and use relevant marketing channels to reinforce GKR brand and key messaging.
- Conducting market and competitive analysis to identify opportunities.
- Set our client engagement plan and communications relative to client lifecycle and current/future projects.
- Support wider contracts team in business growth plans, communications and client engagement.
- Manage our client database and contact strategy using customer lifecycle analysis.
- Create impactful marketing collateral such as brochures and documents as needed.
This role will suit an ambitious individual who is looking for more autonomy and wants to work in an entrepreneurial, fast paced environment.
We are looking for applicants with at least 2 years in a marketing and/or business development environment with good knowledge of the construction industry.
The candidate should have:
- A collaborative and consultative approach to building relationships with clients.
- An active listener with an ability to quickly identify client needs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that are adaptable to different types of clients and members of the GKR team.
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to set and measure marketing/sales performance.
- Experience of marketing and sales platforms.
- Strategic approach to commercial planning and can work to revenue targets.
- Sociable and a confident networker.
- Proactive, self-motivated and can keep momentum with all activities.
- Entrepreneurial and commercially minded.
- Extremely organised with good administration skills.
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude and solution orientated.
The small print
Permanent, full time (subject to successful six month probationary period).
GKR HQ on Tower Bridge Road.
Negotiable depending on experience
Please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
NB. No recruiters please.