GKR Scaffolding is an award winning scaffolding and access specialist.
We work on the most iconic construction projects in London and the South East such as The Shard, Tottenham Hotspur’s new stadium, The Royal Albert Hall and Court One at Wimbledon.
We pride ourselves on reliability, quality and commitment, and our ability to deliver complex and diverse projects.
Our annual turnover has grown to £28m because of our fundamental business principles – collaboration and innovation.
Our vision is to be the leading scaffolding company in the UK, providing scaffolding and access solutions at all stages of a project life cycle, whilst being regarded as an inspirational employer of the very best people.
As part of our rapid growth we are looking for a Health and Safety advisor to support the business and health and safety team.
About the role
The Health and Safety Advisor will report directly to the Head of Health and Safety and work closely with the Contract Managers and project teams.
You must be a highly motivated, adaptable person with proven experience of communicating well at all levels of a business. A background of working in the scaffolding industry and asbestos is ideal, but candidates with similar industry experience will be considered.
- You will maintain up-to-date knowledge of all relevant health & safety regulations.
- Ensure projects comply with current legislation and the company’s safety management system.
- Complete health and safety audits and inspections, submitting reports with observations raised and achievable action plans.
- Investigate accidents, incidents and near misses to establish learnings and implement corrective measures to prevent reoccurrence.
- Assist in developing task specific risk assessments and method statements.
- Chair health and safety meetings, and delivering pre-start and safety briefings.
- Review audit and inspection reports to ensure actions raised are closed in a timely manner and monitor for trends.
- Attend client meetings and build relationships with clients and project teams.
You must have a NEBOSH NGC or Construction and ideally hold an advanced scaffold inspectors qualification.
This role will suit an ambitious health and safety advisor who is looking to work with an experienced team on high level construction projects.
We are looking for applicants with at least 4 years health and safety experience within the construction industry, ideally within scaffolding and asbestos.
- An active listener with an ability to communicate at all levels of the business and clients.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive, self-motivated and can keep momentum with all activities.
- Extremely organised and self motivated.
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude and solution orientated.
The small print
Position: Permanent, full time (subject to successful six month probationary period).
Location: London office on the South Bank with site work as required.
Salary: Dependent on experience
Please forward your CV to Head of Health and Safety, firstname.lastname@example.org